Women Entrepreneur Quest 2015 For Women
Winners To Get A Cash Prize Of INR 5 Lakhs
A non-profit organization focused on the advancement of women in computer science and engineering, Anita Borg Institute India along with two Government bodies viz, National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Gov. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have come together to organize fifth edition of Women Entrepreneur Quest 2015.
This event is focused to create an entrepreneurial ecosystem for women entrepreneurs in India, will be organized during the sixth annual Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing India (GHCI) conference.
The event will be held during GHIC on December 4, 2015, the winner will be awarded a cash prize of $7580 (INR 5 Lakhs). Besides, the top six finalists of the contest would get an Experiential Learning Visit Award to the Silicon Valley, which will be fully sponsored by NSTEDB and ABI India and organized by IUSSTF and ABI India.
Women Entrepreneur Quest (WEQ) is a unique business plan contest in India, to encourage, showcase and recognize technology startups founded and managed by women entrepreneurs.
The partnership of ABI India, NSTEDB and IUSSTF is in sync to support Government of India’s policies and programs like Startup India, Stand up India, Digital India and the National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship 2015.
WEQ was started by Manish Singhal in 2011, it is is now a part of ABI’s Women Entrepreneurs in Motion (WEM) Program that aims to connect, inspire and guide women towards realizing the full potential of their ideas.
Selection Process For WEQ Top 6
- Participants have to make an online submission of their startup by providing complete details indicated in the application.
- The online submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on criteria including customer need being addressed, competitive business models and effective & innovative use of technology.
- WEQ Top 6 will then make a 3-5 minute pitch in front of panel of judges at the final Showcase & Award Presentation event.
Eligibility Criteria for WEQ 2015:
- The startup must have one or more women in the role of a founder /co-founder or CXO of a Private Independent Entity (should not be a subsidiary of a large firm).
- The primary business focus needs to be in the technology domain and can cover any sector of technology such as the Internet, Mobile, Clean Tech, Web-based applications, Cloud, IT Enabled Services, Agriculture, Education, Financial Inclusion, Healthcare Applications, Social Media and so on.
- The company must be in business for less than 3 years as of 31 October, 2015.
- Finalists from previous WEQs cannot apply this year (2015).
The startups can apply for the event here by October 31, 2015.
For more information log onto the Grace Hopper website.