Sahil is the CEO/Co-Founder at online fan merchandise store Bluegape.com
Initially I thought of giving a title “10 reasons you shouldn’t date an Entrepreneur” but then I changed it to this title. I guess these are exactly not the reasons to not date an Entrepreneur if you could tolerate this 🙂
1) Every morning they will bore you with Paul Graham’s essay that they read last night. You should atleast be prepared to listen the “Notes” from the essay.
2) They will disturb you at 5 AM in the morning to tell the new idea they just got to beat the new competitor in market. (We just got new competitor in Market at bluegape.com and that’s what happened (#TrueStory 🙂 ))
3) Startups are like sine curve so is their mood. One day they will on high of their life and on next day they will pull out some frustration on you.
4) They will tell you about latest investment of Khosla Ventures in ground breaking technology. You should be prepare to hear that how that technology will change the world.
5) They will be online on g-talk for 24 hours but will mostly never reply to your chat. They are always in middle of something important on other tab.
6) You will never understand a single word of what they will tell you about new investors approaching them to give cash. But they will always be cashless to Date you at good place.
7) They will be always looking for rockstars to Join their team and at every Date they will ask you if any of your talented friend got sick of corporate culture and want to join startup for less salary.
8 ) Every time you fight with them. Instead of convincing you at that moment, they will ask you to analyze the situation step by step so that we can solve this fight completely. (Someone will kill me after reading this line 🙂 )
9) They won’t be able to talk to you about any latest Movie/TV Shows got released recently. They prefer to spend time reading Techcrunch, Mashable, Pluggdin or Yourstory instead of watching that idiot box.
10) Let more entrepreneurs add to the list 😉