Commuters had their share of woes when taxi companies were barred from operating in the capital. After OlaCabs challenged the ban it is time for Uber to be back in the game. On its blog Uber has promised to be back stronger and better to ensure a safe, reliable and convenient transportation option.
Uber quite eloquently conveyed the message that safety of riders and drivers is the highest priority for them. To achieve so Uber has come up with certain proposals to make ‘uber’ ride really safe and smooth.
Related Article: Uber India Launches UberSafe Campaign To Stop Driver Duplication
Here are points which uber claims to have already incorporated in its structure
- Built in transparency (access to driver and vehicle information and real-time GPS tracking through ‘Share my ETA’ feature) that promotes accountability
- Partnering exclusively with commercially licensed and insured driver-partnerswho are required to be police verified as part of the licensing process by state transport authorities and are eligible to provide transportation for a fee
- Mandatory rating system that maintains high quality drivers on the system
- Hassle-free payments means not having to worry about carrying any cash
Here’s a list of points it aims to inmesh along with aforementioned points
- Police Verification: Re-verifying all Uber Delhi driver-partners have an authenticand valid police verification
- Document Verification: A local team of specially-trained safety experts to detect fraud, verify and authenticate driver / vehicle documents and test the validity of our screening
- Background Checks: Going above and beyond required government verification, we’re engaging local and global experts to evaluate the most effective background screening solution across India; pilot programs are already running in select cities, including Delhi
- Incident Response Team: A local and dedicated customer support center that will specialise on resolving critical issues for our rider and driver community in India
- In-App Safety Features: An enhanced ShareMyETA button is the first of a whole set of new integrated Uber safety features coming to India. ShareMyETA allows you to send your complete trip details (including live GPS tracking, driver photo, name and vehicle license no.) to your loved ones
This shows Uber has not given up yet. It is planning to bring stringent norms and to conform with all safety regulations. Uber is gearing up for 29th’s hearing by Transport Department.
If You Wish To #BringUberBack Sign Petition Here.