The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), a global network of entrepreneurs established to foster the essence of entrepreneurship, has announced the fifth edition of ‘TiE the Knot’.
‘TiE the knot’ is the live fundraising competition, providing an exclusive platform for tech and non-tech startups to raise their seed investment.
Under the competition, five shortlisted entrepreneurs get 10 minutes to pitch to investors.
Who Can Apply?
- Startups should be registered in India and in operations for at least 3 months
- Startups should have developed a demonstrable fully functional product or prototype which can be demoed
- Those looking to raise up to INR 1 Cr (equity)
- Preference for startups who already have a pre-existing investor lead or are sponsored by an Angel network
What Will Startups/Entrepreneurs Gain?
- Opportunity to pitch to a highly renowned & hand-picked group of individual investors
- Opportunity to receive investment commitments on the spot
- Service providers & experts to facilitate deal closure & documentation
- Extensive mentoring/prep for the final pitches
The entrepreneurs will be judged by the eminent jury which would include Kalpana Jain, Sr. Director at Deloitte India; Gita Dang, founder & director of talent Advisory; Ajay Lavakare, angel investor, Indian Angel Network and Lets Venture; Deep Kalra, founder and CEO, Make My Trip; Navyug Mohnot, CEO of QAI India Ltd; Subinder Khurana, founder & CEO of BankSmarts Solutions; Raman Roy, chairman and managing director of Quatrro; Geetika Dayal, executive director, TiE Delhi-NCR and Alok Mittal, co-founder & CEO of Indifi Technologies Pvt Ltd.
Last date to apply for ‘TiE the Knot’ is May 15, 2016. Shortlisted startups will be provided a week-long mentorship. After which, in July, final teams will be announced who would pitch at the main event, which is scheduled for July 22, 2016.
In the last edition of the event, held in Oct 2015, five high potential companies were shortlisted and pitched to a select group of investors who made on-spot commitments in a high impact televised format anchored by CNBC TV 18. The startups that have managed to raise funds during the competition are Talocity, New Leaf Dynamics, WedMeGood, StoryExpress and e-Chemex among others.