After successfully concluding IBM SmartCamp 2015 Kochi edition, IBM Global Entrepreneurship Program, is now inviting applications for the Hyderabad edition.
The jury for the Hyderabad edition include Jayesh Ranjan, IT Secretary to Telangana government., Srikanth Sundararajan, Partner at Helion Ventures, Srinivas Kollipara, COO of Telangana Startup Hub and Vineel Reddy, Founder of 50K Ventures.
IBM Global Entrepreneur Program did a startup challenge for the Kochi edition last week. The program witnessed participation from number of startups. Winners of the Kochi edition included Agrima Infotech, Realeffecx Technolabs LLP, Finahub Technology Solutions Pvt Ltd, Transight and Indunia RealTech Limited.
How It Works?
Global Entrepreneur Program was launched last year by IBM with an aim to provide comprehensive and strong network resources to drive collaborative cloud innovation for startups.
IBM’s SmartCamp 2015 is a startup challenge for B2B startups to help them build, innovate, scale and accelerate via IBM’s global network of enterprise clients, consultants and innovation centres. The startups will pitch to IBM executives, VCs and government execs in nine cities including Kochi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Ahmedabad, Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi.
After getting selected from all the nine cities, the startups will compete in regional finals that will be held in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.
The event will culminate with a final showdown, wherein, top six startups will pitch to eminent VCs (e.g. Nexus Ventures, Intel Ventures, Seedfund, Reservoir Ventures, Ravi Gururaj) in Bangalore.
Required Criteria For Participants
- Startup needs to have B2B product or platforms
- Startup needs to be less than five years old
- Startup needs to be an IBM Global Entrepreneur Program Cloud Credit member or just the IBM Global Entrepreneur Program member.
It is mandatory for the startups to apply for IBM Global Entrepreneur Program before applying to the Smartcamp.
Startups Will Gain
- Award Certifications from IBM
- Showcase their product to CIOs and IBM Executives
- Meet and interact with Venture Capitalists and Government executives
- Can leverage higher outreach through extensive press coverage and grand prizes!
- IBM GEP has partnered with Kieretsu Forum, largest Global Angel Investment body, to seek the introductions of the winners to Angel Investors in the Silicon Valley and New York.
Last date to apply for the Hyderabad edition is 24th September, startups can apply by filling the form.
[This article is part of a sponsored series by IBM SmartCamp]