Moving on with its local challenge of Global Entrepreneurship Program, IBM is now inviting applications for its Vishakhapatnam (Vizag) and Ahmedabad edition.
The startups at Ahmedabad will be judged by Samir Patel, COO at InteractCRM Solutions Pvt. Ltd, whereas the judges for Vizag will be announced shortly.
IBM Global Entrepreneur Program has successfully concluded its IBM SmartCamp 2015 for Hyderabad, Kochi, Chennai and Pune edition in over a period of one month. The program has witnessed altogether 21 startups from four cities that would compete for the regional finals till now.
How It Works?
Global Entrepreneur Program was launched last year by IBM with an aim to provide comprehensive and strong network resources to drive collaborative cloud innovation for startups.
IBM’s SmartCamp 2015 is a startup challenge for B2B startups to help them build, innovate, scale and accelerate via IBM’s global network of enterprise clients, consultants and innovation centres.
The startups will pitch to IBM executives, VCs and government execs in nine cities including Kochi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Ahmedabad, Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi.
After getting selected from all the nine cities, the startups will compete in regional finals that will be held in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.
The event will culminate with a final showdown wherein top six startups will pitch to eminent VCs (e.g. Nexus Ventures, Intel Ventures, Seedfund, Reservoir Ventures and Ravi Gururaj) in Bangalore.
Required Criteria For Participants
- It needs to have B2B product or platforms
- It needs to be less than five years old
- It needs to be an IBM Global Entrepreneur Program Cloud Credit member or just the IBM Global Entrepreneur Program member.
Note: Before applying to Smartcamp, it is mandatory for the startups to apply for IBM Global Entrepreneur Program.
Startups Will Gain
- Award Certifications from IBM
- A platform to showcase their product to CIOs and IBM Executives
- An opportunity to meet and interact with Venture Capitalists and Government executives
- A chance to leverage higher outreach through extensive press coverage and grand prizes!
- An opportunity to meet Angel Investors in the Silicon Valley and New York.
The startups will compete for Vizag and Ahmedabad edition on October 24 and 27, 2015, respectively. Startups can apply by filling the form here.
Interested startups can apply till October 19, 2015.
[This article is part of a sponsored series by IBM SmartCamp]