Bangalore-based Housejoy, an on-demand service provider, has now introduced a hyperlocal model. It has launched Geo-Targetted technology in all eight cities it operates in. This feature will enable a fully-automated interface for customers and the service providers.
Following the upgrade the Housejoy website and the app will now have clear information on services offered from the start to its completion and various customisations available for all 12 categories.
Through geo-location, the app will now be able to provide/list services as per the user’s location. Highlighting the importance of the hyper-local market, Housejoy’s CEO, Saran Chatterjee said “It is important to cater to the growing demands of the new-age users who are tech savvy. Our new and improved App and website as well as the Service Provider App extend the benefits of ease in access of our service to customers and the service providers. Housejoy, as a brand, believes that innovative solutions must cater to the local requirements to build loyalty among customers and service providers and we will continue to introduce innovations that are easily accessible to them’.
Housejoy’s website and app will feature technology upgrades. Each city is sub-divided into hubs to match location-based demand-supply requirements. The on-demand model ensures less waiting time for customers and faster fulfillment and better supply utilisation.
The key developments in the Housejoy website and App are:-
- Step By Step Flow: Customers will be provided with a detailed classification and a guided checkout to ensure step by step flow in booking.
- Geo Tapping technology: This will enable users to book services near their preferred location.
- Intuitive Mobile Web: The mobile website is adaptive and provides an app like experience.
- Transparency in service provided and pricing: All details on what type of service is provided and the clear break-up of service charges and taxes applicable is mentioned for each service under the various categories
- Details on customisation opportunities for various categories: Some services have customisations options for the customer as well for example – workout plans, rescheduling sessions etc.
- Tracking: The entire order can now be monitored from the app itself the entire order from the app
- Video content and articles
Housejoy was launched in January 2015 by Arjun Kumar and Sunil Goel. Its services range from maintenance and home repairs to plumbing, electrical services, home cleaning and computer repairs. Housejoy additionally offers specialised services in beauty and in-house bridal make-up. The company takes a 10-25% cut of the service depending on the service it provides.
Currently, Housejoy is operational in 13 cities in India.It has raised $4 Mn funding in series A from Matrix Partners and has raised $22.5 Mn in Series B led by Amazon and included new investors Vertex Ventures, Qualcomm and Ru-Net Technology Partners. In February 2016, Housejoy acquired online laundry services player MyWash, for an undisclosed amount. Later that month, it also acquired at-home personal fitness tech startup Orobind, for an undisclosed amount.