HealthStart, India’s first accelerator program dedicated to supporting startups in healthcare industry through funding, mentorship and other requisite support, has recently partnered with Indian School of Business, Hyderabad and has announced the launch of accelerator program, which will be first-of-its-kind Healthcare-focused acceleration program.
The program will select 5-8 startups for the 20-week program. The selected ventures will receive investment capital to develop their ideas further.
With this Startups will also receive access to:
- A Dedicated In-House Team: DLabs has built an in-house interdisciplinary Design SWAT team to work in an integrated fashion with entrepreneurs to solve real problems. This SWAT Team works in the trenches along with the entrepreneurs and ensures they get the extensive expertise and bandwidth they need.
- Unique Mentorship: The partnership has established a mentor network consisting of senior executives, investors, and serial entrepreneurs and will pair each startup venture with a set of mentors along with one dedicated mentor. In addition, the partnership has built a network of world class Design Mentors to work with and strengthen the startups offerings and build a sustained patient focus.
- Global Network: The partners are in the process of establishing partnerships with other leading academic institutions globally to enable entrepreneur-exchange programs and provide international exposure. This also provides incubatees a unique perspective when growing and creates global springboards for companies targeting international markets.
Startups in the under mentioned areas Can Apply For the Program
- Digital healthcare companies including but not limited to healthcare platforms, mHealth and healthcare software tools.
- Medtech companies with focus on better diagnostics, remote monitoring & wearable devices
- Wellness & disease management is a high interest area
- Startups that increase access & affordability of healthcare services & products through innovative distribution & business models.
*Note: The program does not include startups in Physical provide space, Pharmaceutical research and Implantable medical device requiring long clinical validation
The Startups will be evaluated based on
- Team: The founding team – their passion, team dynamics, experience & What will it be like to work with them?
- Idea: Rationale behind the idea. Why was this chosen? What problem does it solve and for whom? What makes it attractive, unique, viable and feasible? Why is this the winning idea for us to back?
- Roadmap: Founder’s view of the product / service and longer-term vision.
- Stage: The startups should have moved to execution beyond the idea stage, preferably with a proof of concept.
The accelerator program is expected to commence by end of July, 14 & applications are accepted till June 15th.