After months of intense work, the government has launched a newer version of crowdsourcing platform Mygov.in with features such as hashtags, polls, interactive discussion forums and social media account integration.
The new, sleeker version of MyGov.in will make extensive use of analytics and data mining tools. It is easier to navigate and shows real time data about registered users, task submissions and number of comments across different discussion themes on the landing page.
Earlier in December, Gaurav Dwivedi, Chief Executive, MyGov.in said that version 2.0 of the portal would have opinion polls related to policy issues, detailed surveys to supplement field data collection, and collaborative writing for white papers across different ministries and government departments.
Related Article: News Roundup: 7 Stories You Don’t Want To Miss This Week [2-7 March]
Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in July 2014, the platform offers the following features:
- It encourages the citizens as well as people abroad to ‘Discuss’ and ‘Do’
- The platform offers multiple theme-based discussions on the external website where a wide range of people can share their thoughts and ideas.
- It allows constructive feedback and interaction among participants through the discussion forums.
- The new platform empowers the citizens to volunteer for various tasks and submit entries which are subsequently reviewed and approved, if found worthy, by other members and experts.
- It has created groups and creative corners such as Clean Ganga, Green India, Job Creation, Girl Child Education, Skill Development, Digital India, Swachh Bharat
The latest avatar attempts to be more inclusive and collaborative by further bridging the gap between the citizens and the government. It currently encompasses 8 lakh registered members.
Recently, the government has also launched a beta version (trial version) of the ‘Digital Locker’ which allows the public to store government-issued documents and certificates on cloud and then submit the same on Mygov.in.