Online marketplace, Flipkart, has announced that it has crossed 150 Mn products in sales today.
According to the company, it has witnessed a 150% growth in the number of products sold as compared to 2014.
Quick Look Into Numbers
- 30 Mn products
- 70+ different categories; recently it has added home & furnishing, maternity
- 45 Mn registered users clocking over 10 million daily visits
- 30k Sellers, aims to take it to 1 lakh by year end
- 75% of traffic coming via mobile
- Top selling categories – Fashion & lifestyle, home and consumer electronics
- Top cities (in terms of traffic) – Bangalore, New Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Coimbatore, and Ahmedabad
- Employees 33,000 people
Commenting on the development Sachin Bansal, CEO and co-founder of Flipkart,“ We have always aspired to build a platform that can service the shopping needs of every Indian. It has been a long journey from selling our first book to selling 150 million products. We both are humbled and energized to strengthen our efforts to build India’s largest shopping platform that can serve every Indian and delight them in every step of the way.
Welcome to Flash Feed, your essential source for breaking news and innovation from around the web – bite-sized and updated all day.