Licensed digital collectible platform Fantico has introduced a new list of Bollywood collectables including NFTs of singer Javed Akhtar’s handwritten lyrics, and a Versace jacket worn by actor Akshay Kumar in a movie.
Fantico curates digital assets pertaining to the fields of cinema, sports, art, and music. It already has NFT collections featuring renowned Indian celebrities. These digital assets are going to be auctioned paired with the physical piece of memorabilia it has tokenised.
The items that are going to be auctioned are:
- Handwritten lyrics of the song Hawa Hawai from Shekhar Kapoor’s Mr. India. Signed by singer and music director Javed Akhtar
- Lyrics of the song Aaj Rapat Jaayen from the movie Namak Halaal
- Hand-written lyrics of the title track from the movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- Platinum jubilee trophy received by the movie Namak Halaal for completing 75 weeks in theaters.
- Versace trench coat worn by Akshay Kumar in the movie Dhadkan
- Ghazal singer Talat Aziz’s jacket and harmonium
- ‘Bollypunks’ by actor Johnny Lever, inspired by the incredibly popular (and ridiculously overpriced) cryptopunk NFTs.
“With this first of a kind NFT launch on our platform which merges the physical and the digital world, we hope that we can bring in a new method of monetisation for such creations. We are happy to add Bollywood celebrity centric collectibles on our platform,” said Abhayanand Singh, cofounder of Vistas Media Capital, which is an investor in Fantico.
Last year, A-listed Indian producer, director and actor Kamal Haasan had partnered with Fanticoto launching his digital avatar as an NFT in a metaverse where Fantico will launch a game based on him.
With the launch of these NFTs, a new cohort of Indian celebrities joins a long and illustrious list of Indian celebrities entering the NFT space. A list that includes the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Sunny Leone and Salman Khan.
To know more about the Indian celebrities who have entered the NFT space, read our detailed piece that lists out the bollywood and cricketing stars that have participated in the industry last year, and how they chose to do so.