The recently released list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For has come up as a surprise for a few. While Google has managed to maintain its 1st rank this year too, companies like Facebook, Twitter and Apple are missing from the list.
Here is the curated list of rankings for the tech companies who made it to the list
- #1 Google
- #2 SAS
- #7 Salesforce.com (Previous Rank 19)
- #8 Intuit (Previous Rank 22)
- #29 Rackspace Hosting (Previous Rank 34)
- #32 Qualcomm (Previous Rank 11)
- #55 Cisco (Previous Rank 42)
- #70 Autodesk (Previous Rank 54)
- #83 Adobe Systems (Previous Rank NA)
- #84 Intel (Previous Rank 68)
- #86 Microsoft (Previous Rank 75)
- #98 Hitachi Data Systems (Previous Rank 63)
Click here to see the complete list of rankings.
This is what Fortune has to say for Google being at the first rank
“Google’s stock climbed past $1,000 in 2013—a boon for Googlers, all of whom are stockholders. CEO Larry Page urged them to be “audacious,” especially in philanthropy. Google donates $50 for every five hours an employee volunteers. Last year a new program sent employees to Ghana and India to work on community projects.”
The list of Most InDemand Employers by Linkedin too had listed Google at the first rank, but also has Apple at 2, Facebook at 6th and Twitter at 23rd, these companies missing from Fortunes 100 Best Companies to Work For quite a surprised.