IBM Global Entrepreneurship Program (GEP) is back to help startups build innovations, scale and accelerate via IBM’s global network of enterprise clients, consultants and innovation centres.
Global Entrepreneur Program was launched last year by IBM with an aim to provide comprehensive and strong network resources to drive collaborative cloud innovation for startups.
IBM Global Entrepreneur Program did a startup challenge for B2B startups called ‘IBM Smartcamp’ that witnessed winners like Talview, Instasafe, Stelae Technologies and Wolken Software Pvt Ltd.
This time GEP will have IBM Smartcamp 2015 in nine different startup hotspots (cities) across India starting from September 8, 2015.
Startups Will Gain
- Award Certifications from IBM
- Showcase their product to CIOs and IBM Executives
- Meet and interact with Venture Capitalists and Government executives
- Can leverage higher outreach through extensive press coverage and grand prizes!
- IBM GEP has partnered with Kieretsu Forum, largest Global Angel Investment body, to seek the introductions of the winners to Angel Investors in the Silicon Valley and New York.
How It Works?
IBM plans for a bigger and better IBM SmartCamp 2015. In this startup challenge startups will be able to pitch to IBM executives, VCs and government execs in nine cities including Kochi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Ahmedabad, Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi.
Startups can choose the city closest to them after which they will compete in regional finals where, Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore will be the host cities. The event will culminate with a final showdown, wherein, top 6 startups will pitch to eminent VCs (e.g. Nexus Ventures, Intel Ventures, Seedfund, Reservoir Ventures, Ravi Gururaj) in Bangalore.
The winner will be provided access to IBM’s enterprise cloud portfolio and third-party cloud services built around open APIs through which startups will be able to build and monetize their solutions.
Also, by providing a global path to the enterprise, IBM GEP will help accelerate startup’s growth.
Required Criteria For Participants
- Startup needs to have B2B product or platforms
- Startup needs to be less than five years old
- Startup needs to be an IBM Global Entrepreneur Program Cloud Credit member or just the IBM Global Entrepreneur Program member.
It is mandatory for the startups to apply for IBM Global Entrepreneur Program before applying to the Smartcamp.
- IBM SmartCamp will be held in nine mentioned cities. Five startups from every city will be awarded IBM Award certificates, who will then pitch to eminent panels of IBM Execs, VCs and Government Execs.
- After the city finalists are selected, top 15 startups will be selected for each regional final round, to be held in Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi. These startups will also showcase their products to CIOs and the IBM Sales team.
- The grand finale will have a large targeted audience for the Top 15 showcase after regional final round.The top 6 startups will then pitch to eminent VCs
- .A finale winner and two runners up will be declared.
Startups can apply for the program to the nearest city beginning from September 8, 2015 by filling this form.
[This article is part of a sponsored series by IBM SmartCamp]