Do you have an idea? An idea that would have the potential to change the world. Do you have an idea that can create measurable and recognizable social benefits? Most importantly, is it financially sustainable? Can it sustain on its own and yet be profitable?
Read on, if the answer to the above questions is affirmative.
Here it is! The largest and oldest student-led business plan competition, Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC) ASIA – AFRICA 2013
This would be another exciting year of the world’s largest social venture business plan competition, which is run in association with the Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
Because it’s the best thing to do!
For one thing, you’d get a chance to showcase your talent at a global stage. You will get to present your ideas to leading social investors and also stand a chance to be mentored by the best people in this business.
Now for the monetary aspects of it, participants compete for prize money worth USD 50,000.
Regarding India centric plans, participants stand a chance to win one of 3 fellowships from NABARD each worth INR 30 Lakhs
THE EVENT IS COOL!
The Indian School of Business (ISB) as the Asia – Africa Partner is responsible for promoting the GSVC in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, UAE and in parts of Africa, especially Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Botswana, Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda and Namibia.
* Teams must have at least one member currently enrolled in any full time masters level (post graduate) program or who has completed such a course within the last two years (not before 2011)
* Team size: minimum 3, maximum 5
* Existing social ventures that are less than three years old can apply as long as the above two criteria are satisfied
Visit the following websites for more information on this event : www.isb.edu/gsvc
1. December 27, 2012: Submission of Final Business Plans to ISB at [email protected]
2. January 12, 2013: Preliminary evaluation of B-plans at ISB
3. March 8 – 10, 2013: GSVC Asia – Africa Regional Finals at ISB
5. April 10 – 13, 2013: Global Finals at Haas, Berkeley