Who Wouldn’t love coupons to save a few bucks and after the ecommerce spread like wildfire it ensued the trend in increase in use of coupons. Cuponation, a coupon and deal aggregator website has done a research in India, Brazil, Spain, Singapore And Australia about how people shop and use online coupons. Following highlights have surfaced from the report.
Related Article: Scandid : An Application Bridging The Gap Between Users & Retailers
- People between the age group of 25-34 are the heaviest users of coupons compared to other age groups as they have a higher disposable income. 49.50% of the coupon users in India belong to this age group.
- Apart from this, men shop more than women except in Spain and Australia and don’t abstain from using coupons to save a couple hundred bucks. In India, men account for 61.80% of the statistic while women account for 38.20%
- Mumbai, Sao Paulo, Madrid, and Sydney are the topmost cities involved in online shopping using coupons in India, Brazil, Spain, and Australia respectively. They have more exposure to brands marketing and they make use of it.
- In India, the top 3 categories for which coupons are sought for are, Fashion, Electronics and Beauty & health in the same order. Apparently, every fashion is the top category in all nations except Spain.
- With ecommerce comes heavy discounts and what not, Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal are the top companies for which users search for coupons.
- India tops the list of countries in terms of coupon usage as well as in percentage of people using mobiles to access coupons. A whopping 62% use their handheld device to access coupons.
- Not only this, 95% of Indian shoppers spend substantial amount of time to find the best deal and 92% of surveyed people mentioned that discounts are the biggest driving factor of online shopping.