The California-based venture and growth equity firm, Accel Partners has raised $305 Mn for its new India-focused fund, which will fund early stage startups.
The venture firm invests in companies from inception through the growth stage. The newly launched fund will focus on investing in consumer, enterprise software, mobile and healthcare businesses.
Earlier, Accel Partners had raised $155 Mn for its third India-focused fund in November 2011. Prior to that, the global venture firm has raised $60 Mn in 2008 for its second fund.
Other Venture Firms To Look Out For-
- Helion Venture Partners – Helion Venture Partners is planning to float its fourth fund this year, whose size is expected to be $200-250 Mn.
- SAIF Partners – The venture firm has recently raised $350 Mn for its India-dedicated fund.
- Kalaari Capital – Going to raise $200-250 Mn fund.
- IDG Ventures India – It had raised $250 Mn for its second India fund late last year.
- Matrix Partners India- It is expected to announce a new fund early next year.
- Nexus Venture Partners – The firm is in talks with limited partners to raise up to $400 Mn for its next fund.
- IvyCap – It is aiming to raise around $200 Mn in its second fund.
- Sequoia Capital – It had raised $530 Mn in its new India fund in 2014.
- Mayfield Partners – It had scooped $108 Mn in its second India-focused fund
- Inventus Capital Partners – The venture firm raised $106 Mn fund in 2014.
Things you must Know About Accel Partners –
Accel Partners was founded in 1983. It has global presence in Palo Alto, London , New York, China and India. Typical multi-stage investments in internet technology companies are made by Accel partners.
People You Should Know: Subrata Mitra, Prashanth Prakash and Mahendran Balachandran
Investment Structure: Invests between $0.5 Mn and $50 Mn in its portfolio companies.
Industries: Internet and Consumer Services, Infrastructure, Cloud -Enabled Services, Mobile and Software.
Startups Funded: Flipkart, BabyOye, Freshdesk, BookMyShow, Zansaar, Probe, Myntra, CommonFloor, ChargeBee, and WizRocket.