Post GOSF, coupon site, CouponRani.com compiled a survey of Shoppers sentiment with data inputs taken from over 585 users, and in order to get a deeper understanding of the shopper’s experience, compared that with the Festival Season trends (including Big Billion Day and Diwali Sales). Below are the most important findings of the same:
- A whopping 90% customers felt happy with the discounts and offers that were offered during the sale.According to the users, Snapdeal (44%) offered the best deals and was closely followed by Amazon(42%).
- Users responded that electronics category offered the best deals and apparels came in second.
- Although, Cards and net banking were the most preferred mode of payment followed by COD. Around one sixth of the customers used the Digital Wallet which shows an upsurge in the preference for using cash wallets.
- The spend levels remained higher than average, but still they couldn’t exceed the festive season levels. Only one-fifth of the customers shopped for over INR 5000 rest of them spent only below INR 5000 a chunk of them spending under INR 1000. On comparing these results to the festive season, it was found that 57% spent above INR 5000. It is probably due to the timing of GOSF 2014 thats effects the spending levels as during festival season the shoppers generally spend more.
- Also, the more than 50% of the shoppers were those under the age of 25. Shoppers of the age of 26-40 stood second at 41%. And those over 40 yrs accounted for a meagre 8%.
- Although women are considered as the shopping birds but surprisingly, the Ecommerce scene was dominated by men with over 85% of the shoppers being males..
The survey also indicated that shoppers response to GOSF 2014 response was 15% lesser than October 6th week, but still the traffic was 2.5 to 4x compared to other normal days. It could be an outcome of the fewer print, TV and other non-digital advertising during GOSF.
Related Article: Cracking GOSF 2014 – Everything You Need To Know!
Flipkart although skipped the GOSF 2014. But, further in that week, Flipkart and other large Ecommerce players – Snapdeal and Amazon launched their offers and supported them with aggressive advertising. Also, a lot of infrequent shoppers and first time shoppers bought during the Oct 6th week.