You know that ecommerce is growing at a never before rate today, but do you know that mCommerce is running even faster?
Given the leap in the growth rate of smartphones and tablets, this rise of mCommerce is definitely understandable. However, there are many businesses and retailers still serving unoptimized, non-responsive online websites to their mobile users. This will not only drive away your mobile customers but also get weeded out by Google’s Mobile-friendly update. To re-emphasize on the importance of mCommerce, we’ve brought you a wonderful
To emphasize on the importance of mCommerce, we’ve brought you a wonderful infographic that explains why you should get mobile-friendly.
Here are the key points this infographic focuses on:
1. Mcommerce is growing 3x faster than overall eCommerce: 25% of Internet users access the WWW completely through their smartphones or tablets.
Related Article: Mcommerce: Adding Value To Economy
2. Half of ecommerce traffic comes through mobile: 40% via smartphones and 10% via tablets.
3. While going mobile, ensure that your page speed is optimized because, 2% of delay means 26% increase in frustration, 40% rise in page abandonment and 8% decrease in engagement.
4. For a fast performing mobile page on mobile devices, the page should always be less than 1 MB in size. (1109 KB is the size of an average page served to mobile devices)
5. 3G is the dominant network type worldwide for mobile users. This means that the average speed for a round trip on your page should be 200 to 300 milliseconds.
Google algorithm is now more stringent on mobile-friendly websites, meaning retailers need to invest in more than just a fully responsive and mobile optimized website designs.